Niamh's Musings

Join Niamh at home and on tour... the people she meets, the music she loves and the turns in the road.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Cupertino

We had a great night in Cupertino. The day started with a lovely lie-in, as
we didn't have far to travel. Gloria offered to take me for a 'birthday
meal' before Cupertino - it was a really fantastic meal - Graham and Gloria
celebrated my birthday by drinking Champagne - of course I coudln't drink
any, owing to my strict non-alcohol rule before a concert - I only ever
broke it once - but that was in Shetland Island where everybody has whisky
for breakfast. Anyway - off we went to Michael's house for the workshop -
which was very enjoyable - and then the house concert. Unfortunately we
were not aware that Michael had laid on food for us, and we were so full
afer the meal - his mother is from Rome in Italy, and between them they had
incredible, real Italian food - After the concert, I managed to taste loads
of bits and pieces, and ended up being full to the gills - so much for
trying to lose weight - eating at night is my downfall - and I'm always
really full after a giig. That concert was lovely, a smart audience who
were delighted at us for coming all the way from Ireland. It's good to be
appreciated!

Next morning - we dropped the car back to San Francisco and headed north to
Seattle.

_________________________________________________________________
Find accommodation FAST with MSN Search! http://search.msn.ie/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home